[Zlib-devel] zlib 1.2.7 released

Jan Nijtmans nijtmans at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 12 15:48:35 EDT 2012

2012/6/15 Jan Nijtmans <nijtmans at users.sourceforge.net>

> Anyone interested to test my zlib-1.2.7 win32 build
> can find it (temporarily) at:
>      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69449580/zlib-127-dll.zip
>
> The zdll.lib file is still the one from zlib-1-2-5, but
> everything else should be OK.

Finally, I created a zdll.lib file, and tested it successfully
with MinGW, MinGW-w64, VC++ 6.0 and VS10. It should
work with all other Visual Studio versions as well.

The above zlib file is updated to contain the new zdll.lib
file and an updated README with instructions how
to create it. The short story is that zdll.lib must be
created with VS2005 or higher, then it works with
lower versions as well. I created it with VS10.

So, hereby I submit this zlib-127-dll.zip as
'official' 32-bit build of zlib 1.2.7. As soon as it
appears on the zlib site, I will remove it from
the above dropbox location. I don't know
what the procedure for testing is, but I'l
leave that to Mark. Any objections? Let
them be heared now ;-)

Regards!
   Jan Nijtmans