[Zlib-devel] zlib 1.2.3.5 available for testing

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:35:38 EST 2010

On 01/08/2010 10:58 AM, Mark Adler wrote:
> Generous zlib testers,
>
> zlib 1.2.3.5 is available here for testing:
>
>     http://zlib.net/current/beta/zlib-1.2.3.5.tar.gz
>
> The changes are listed in ChangeLog.  Most notably, the gz* functions have been replaced with entirely new code.  If you can, please test those with special vigor.  Thanks.

Fails to build on Solaris 10 using Solaris's make (works fine with gmake):

The error is:
cc -fast -xcg92 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DUSE_MMAP
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c -o example64.o
usage: cc [ options] files.  Use 'cc -flags' for
details
cc -fast -xcg92 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DUSE_MMAP -o example64
example64.o -L. libz.a
ld: fatal: file example64.o: open failed: No such file or
directory
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
example64
*** Error code 1

It looks like $< in the Makefile doesn't work for the Solaris make (I
get a similar error if I try pmake on Linux too).

Attached patch fixes the issue.

Best regards,
--Edwin