[Zlib-devel] zlib 1.2.3.5 available for testing

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sun Jan 10 02:40:10 EST 2010

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010, Mark Adler wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2010, at 11:07 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:
>> if we don't pass -DOLD_GZIO, there are several problems. Do you plan to drop gzio.c for the 1.2.4 release ?
>
> Yes.  What are the problems?

compilation command:

make -f win32/Makefile.gcc \
CC="arm-mingw32ce-gcc" \
AR="arm-mingw32ce-ar" \
RANLIB="arm-mingw32ce-ranlib" \
RC="arm-mingw32ce-windres" \
STRIP="arm-mingw32ce-strip" \
CFLAGS="-DNO_ERRNO_H -g3 -O0 -DNO_FSEEKO"

error:

gzread.c: In function 'gz_load':
gzread.c:94: error: expected expression before ')' token
make: *** [gzread.o] Error 1

line 94 (not the same than you, see below) :

         gz_error(state, Z_ERRNO, zstrerror());

Note that I have included windows.h in gzguts.h just after

#if defined UNDER_CE && defined NO_ERRNO_H

so that we are sure that DWORD is defined (i like the headers to be
"auto-consistant")

also, i added in gzread.c the definition of strwinerror() for Windows CE
(that's why the line number above is different from your gzread.c)

The problem is that zstrerror(), line 94 of my file, does not take an
argument

The same problem will be in gzwrite.c, I think

Vincent Torri

PS: right now, i think that the headers are a bit messy, imho